Just like how it is important for a painter to use the correct paint brushes, using the right kind of smart contract auditing tools that invoke the best practices is extremely vital for any audit service provider.
After stressing enough on the significance of getting a smart contract audit, we are now going to talk about the different audit tools that are often used and are also a part of our arsenal. The flaws and errors in a code run deeper and deadlier than what you may observe on the surface. Auditing tools offer extensive reports on code syntax and the possible implications drawn from it. Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. Manticore Smart Contract Auditing Tool
According to its official documentation, Manticore is a symbolic execution tool for the analysis of smart contracts and binaries. With a variety of features included, it can:
- Run a program having symbolic inputs and explore all the possible states it can reach.
- Auto-generate concrete inputs that result in a given program state.
- Detect crashes and other failure cases.
- Expose its analysis engine via Python API.
Manticore thoroughly checks different code fragments with a variety of attack scenarios which makes it slightly slower but the wait is worth. It generates rigorous reports and integrates with Ethersplay. Manticore works on Solidity (though it supports other languages and environments as well).
2. Mythril Smart Contract Auditing Tool
Mythril — also known as the “Swiss army knife of smart contract security” , is a code analysis tool for EVM bytecode. It digs out security vulnerabilities in smart contracts built for Ethereum, Hedera, Quorum, Vechain, Roostock, Tron, and other EVM-compatible blockchains. Developed by ConsenSys, Mythril provides a detailed rundown of potential loopholes in smart contract code. It is also easy to install and use.
3. Slither Smart Contract Auditing Tool
Slither is a Solidity static analysis tool written in Python3. It allows developers to expose vulnerabilities, enhance their code comprehension, and quickly prototype custom analyses. Features include:
- Recognizing unsafe Solidity code with low false positives.
- Reporting where the error condition occurs in the source code.
- Built-in ‘printers’ quickly report crucial contract information.
- The average execution time of less than 1s per contract.
4. Hyperledger Caliper Smart Contract Auditing Tool
Caliper is a blockchain performance benchmark framework, which enables its users to test their smart contracts with predefined test cases and get a suite of performance test results. The blockchain solutions currently supported by Caliper are Hyperledger Besu, Hyperledger Fabric v1.X, v2.X, Ethereum, FISCO BCOS.
5. Nexledger Accelerator Smart Contract Auditing Tool
Nexledger Accelerator is a software element developed in order to improve the performance of a blockchain network, e.g. Hyperledger Fabric, in terms of transaction throughput. It enables the blockchain to deal with explosive transaction requests from applications.
5. Hardhat Smart Contract Auditing Tool
Developed by Nomic Labs, Hardhat is an Ethereum development environment. It allows users to perform frequent tasks such as running various tests, checking code for mistakes automatically, or interacting with a smart contract.
6. Echinda Smart Contract Auditing Tool
Echidna, is a fuzzing/property-based testing framework made by the security experts at TrailOfBits. It is a Haskell program designed for testing more complex Ethereum smart contracts. It has features such as:
- Optional corpus collection, mutation, and coverage guidance to find deeper bugs.
- Automatic test case minimization for quick triage.
- Maximum gas usage reporting of the fuzzing campaign.
Other useful smart contract auditing tools such as Oyente, Ethersplay, and Secuirfy v2.0 are also very popularly used.
The team of professionals at ImmuneBytes chooses the best auditing tools that give error-free results and extensive audit reports to make your experience with us a good one. Contact us to get an audit for your smart contract and keep safeguard it from any malicious activities.